About Hub Westminster
Hub Westminster launched on 28th October 2011, with a mission to help 1,000 entrepreneurs and impact businesses & changemakers to start, grow and scale. Located in Pall Mall right in the heart of London, Hub Westminster is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs & changemakers drive the impact economy.
- Wholegrain Digital Casper Gray Casper is a project manager with the WordPress design and development agency Wholegrain Digital. He uses his background in design to understand client's real needs and identify efficient website solutions. Casper is an expert in sustainable product design and enjoys working with responsible organisations to design websites that help them grow and promote their cause.
- Wholegrain Digital Tom Greenwood Tom is a co-founder of Wholegrain Digital, a web design agency specialising in WordPress, the worlds most popular website platform. Tom manages projects for clients such as Water Aid and Sunpreme Solar, helping them to maximise their online presence. Tom has a background in sustainable design and is author of the chapter "is Sustainable Design Viable?" in the book Design and Designing: A Critical Introduction. His work has also been featured in the HarperCollings Big Book of Green Design and he won the governments Business Leader of tomorrow Award for his forward thinking approach to sustainable business.
- Wholegrain Digital Vineeta Greenwood Vineeta is a co-founder of Wholegrain Digital, a specialist WordPress web design agency. Passionate about using open-source technology to help positive organisations, Vineeta nabages the development of web solutions for Wholegrain's clients. WordPress is the world's most popular content management system and Wholegrain are dedicated to helping clients like Water Aid and The Green Energy Certification Scheme use it to promote their brands online.
- upReach Henry Morris Henry is the founder of upReach, a non-profit social enterprise that aims to improve access to the professions for university students from less-privileged backgrounds. Henry is an Economics graduate from The University of Exeter with experience in education, banking and start-ups. Having observed first-hand the difference knowledge, soft skills, networks and professional experience can make in accessing top careers, he wants to use his entrepreneurial skills to drive positive social change.
- upReach Deborah Joseph Deborah is an Associate at upReach. She is a Biology graduate from The University of Manchester and studied Education at Oxford University. Deborah has experience in teaching, tackling educational disadvantage and non-profits. Through her work with young people, she has gained an insight into the challenges that students from less-privileged backgrounds face in realising their full potential.
- FutureGov Lucy Watt Lucy Watt is a FutureGov consultant with expertise in local and central government, digital and offline engagement, event organisation and project management. She brings to FutureGov experience of having been a senior local government leader with a record of successfully transforming high profile local public services into services driven by the needs of local residents. Lucy combines her experience of community leadership and development, gained from eight years as a local councillor and local charity trustee, with her knowledge of digital technologies to support politicians and local and central government officials with strategies to engage with local communities and social innovators.
- Education Foundation Ty Goddard Ty Goddard Co-founder of The Education Foundation. Ty Goddard is the co-founder of The Education Foundation. Until recently he was the Founder and Director of the British Council for School Environments, Managing Director of the award winning design company School Works and Strategic Community Manager at Brighton and Hove City Council. Ty worked as an advisor to the Department for Children, Schools and Families on Extended Schools and the co-location of services and was an elected Chair of Education at Lambeth Council. He also worked as the UK and European Political Advisor for the NSPCC and National Campaigns Co-ordinator for SCOPE.
- Moving Thinking Mark Cook Mark set up a company called 'Moving Thinking' to work direct with clients flexibly and cost-effectively. So when you work with Moving Thinking you work directly with an experienced strategic mind. Your challenges will have their complete attention. He has held pivotal roles both sides of the charity agency divide. At trailblazing charity Dogs Trust, he managed donor development and recruitment. At leading creative agency Whitewater he was Planning Director and worked with some great organizations, large and small.
- Apple & Ink Rachel Gott Rachel Gott founded Apple&ink in 2010, which is a recruitment agency for creative people based in the heart of London's West End. With over 10 years recruitment experience Rachel's network includes the most creative and talented people in the industry. Rachel is well-known for her honest approach to recruitment and for her passion for the creative industry. Over the years she has lectured at design colleges, organised networking events and judged awards for recognising new and emerging talent.
- The Long Run Venture Scott Cain Scott is the founder of The Long Run Venture, and is committed to advancing entrepreneurship as a force for good, both in the UK and globally. Before founding The Long Run Venture, Scott held a variety of positions including CEO at Enterprise UK, the business led campaign to create a more entrepreneurial culture among young people - working to a board comprising the Director Generals of the CBI, IoD, British Chambers of Commerce and Federation of Small Businesses. The Long Run Venture itself combines growing profits with a positive long run environmental legacy in order to create sustainability faster.
- Rewired State Adam McGreggor Adam is a technologist, who’s been fiddling with networks, and internet backends, for about 15 years; a project manager; a strategist; an antiquarian, and far too many other things. He collaborated in producing possibly the first group-effort government consultation response with Stand, later helping to keep FaxYourMP alive, keeping involved in mySociety; co-founding No2ID, and the Open Rights Group. Adam’s involved in the Internet and Parliament and Internet Governance Forum, amongst other things, and sits on The HM Government (Shadow) Data Standards Panel.
- Big Issue Invest Nigel Kershaw OBE Nigel Kershaw OBE is Chief Executive of Big Issue Invest and Group Chairman of The Big Issue Company. He is leading BII’s mission to create a Social Merchant Bank “By the social entrepreneurs – for the social entrepreneurs” which will be driven by the social entrepreneurs and backed by the social financiers. Nigel joined The Big Issue in 1994 and currently is its Group Chairman, previously being its Chief Executive. Last year 3,000 homeless and vulnerably housed Big Issue vendors sold 124,000 copies a week in the UK and earned over £8 million as an alternative to begging. The Big Issue has inspired similar publications to be set up in 100 countries around the world.
- 8fold Sinead Mac Manus Sinead Mac Manus is the founder of 8fold, a little company with a big dream - to change the way people work. An experienced trainer, speaker and author, she writes regularly on productivity, digital balance and happiness on her website, and she is the author of From Apps to Zen: 26+ Ideas for Building a Business with Balance and the new book The Business Yogi: How to be Happy at Work. As a social entrepreneur, she runs the Digital Assistant Academy, and is a Fellow of the School for Social Entrepreneurs, and an UnLtd Award Winner. A yoga fanatic, she tries to bring a Zen-like quality to her daily life, but normally fails due to drinking too many double espressos.
- Rewired State Emma Mulqueeny Emma is director and co-founder of Rewired State. She is one of Britain’s leading digital communication strategists and developers. She has spent much of the last decade successfully crafting transformational digital initiatives, at senior levels, across the British Government and in the States; now focusing on building Rewired State and Young Rewired State.Rewired State organise hack days, where they take a number of the UK’s most talented developers — usually no fewer than 10 and up to more than 100 — put them all in one big room with plenty of elastictrickery, internet, and coffee as they thrash out digital solutions to anything you choose to throw in their direction.
- Social Designer Tessy Britton Tessy is a social designer working across a range of community and educational contexts. Currently focused on developing the numerous collaborative strands of Social Spaces. The projects aims to transform society at community level through surfacing new emergent knowledge, using a transdisciplinary approach to analyse and understand that knowledge, and developing innovative approaches to spread these new ideas and methods. Tessy specialises in understanding underlying mechanisms for human behaviour, individual and social, using experiential learning and conversational methods to help groups and communities fundamentally change the way that they interact.
- Guanxin Ifung Lu Dr Ifung Lu is an award winning product designer and mechanical engineer who has been inventing, designing and making physical and virtual mashups since he was a child of the 80s. He is a founding partner of Guanxin, a design collective of innovators working with open source software and hardware to combine social, mobile and maker tech for transforming empathy into action.
- Trillion Fund Dr. Michael Stein Michael is the Founder and Director of Trillion Fund, a company that aim to create a new source of funding for renewable energy projects worldwide by connecting today's Internet-enabled investor directly to project developers. Their goal is to accelerate the growth in supply of low carbon energy. Trillion Fund endeavors to enable billions of dollars to be invested in renewable projects over the next ten years and as their name might suggest, aim to influence a trillion dollars of investments.
- South Asian Parent Uttama Patel Uttama is editor and founder of SouthAsianParent.com, the world's first parenting magazine for South Asian families, targeted at those who face a conflict between their own cultural values and those of the country they're living in. South Asian Parent aims to be a catalyst for change in the Asian family system, and provides a platform to get people talking about things they might otherwise avoid--so they don't have to hide their true identities, or lead conflicted lives.
- Fink Lisa Warner
Fink's mission is to enable better conversations across generations for families, schools, organisations and communities. Conversations that improve relationships solve community's problems, nurture the next generation and have an impact on society. Fink was founded by Lisa Warner, mum of four, to make products that get people talking. She was quickly joined by Sarah Newton, the UK's leading family and youth expert and together the dynamic duo set about changing the way people talk to each other. Lisa is one of 2 award winners of the Hub's Village Capital London accelerator programme awarded with £50,000 investment.
- Spark + Mettle Eugenie Teasley
A young startup that began in 2011 by Eugenie Teasley, Spark+Mettle is an aspirations agency focused on preparing young people who do not have the connections or resources themselves to map and launch a career that they will love by helping them develop the personal and professional competencies they'll need. Their pilot project called Star Track offers 13 less privileged young people aged 16-24 a free year-long launchpad programme incorporating part-time training, career-focused networking and funded summer work placements.
- Earth Security Initiative Alejandro Litovsky Alejandro Litovsky is the founder and director of the Earth Security Initiative, an organization promoting actionable and creative ideas to increase how financial markets, industry, government and civil society collaborate to keep our civilization within ecological limits. He was recently awarded the BMW World Young Leader Award 2012 by the BMW Foundation in Germany. He is a Board Member of LEAD International, a global organisation inspiring leadership for a sustainable world; and a member of the Steering Committee of the Natural Value Initiative, a program led by institutional investors to benchmark corporate, industrial and financial risks associated with the loss of biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Sandbox Chris Busch Chris is a co-founder of Sandbox, the leading global network for the most inspiring innovators below 30. Sandbox identifies exceptional people worldwide that already have an impressive impact at a very young age. The growing community counts 550 young leaders in 45 different countries. Sandbox incubates these talents in an environment where they can build meaningful relationships with like-minded peers, learn from senior leaders and gain access to opportunities that will help them grow. Chris is also a Special Advisor for Social Entrepreneurship at the National Consortium of University Entrepreneurs (NACUE), a TEDster, and teaches entrepreneurship at the London School of Economics.